Sunday, January 25, 2009

Freedom!

I let my wrists free last night. I couldn't take those darn guaze clubs anymore. I'm now wearing a band-aid on my wrists covering the incision and wearing the wrist braces that I bought at Wal-Mart ages ago. This gives my fingers more mobility and doesn't make my hands sweat as much. I'm also letting my wrists be free more often when I'm doing light work or tasks like typing or watching TV. The scar tissue is starting to build up in both wrists now. A neighbor encouraged me to start doing deep tissue massage on the wrists, which really does help. Overall I think my hands are happier today than they've been in awhile. I'm even cutting back on my medications a little.
In even more encouraging news I was able to cheat the DRY CLEAN ONLY label on my favorite bedding. My parents bought me the Anna Paisley Bedding from Anthropologie a few years back. I love it and it's $50 to dry clean. I know, disgusting. So I've only cleaned it twice. Over the past month the dog now sleeps on the bed more often and the quilt is looking like it might get up and walk out. So I had to make my move. I put it in our huge washer with like a 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/4 of the soap recommended for that size load. I also washed it in cold on the gentlest cycle known to man. As for the dryer I again used the delicate cycle and low heat and after 90 minutes, clean and perfect! I feel like I've cheated death! The darn quilt is like $300! I'm so cool!
No knitting yet. My hands are good but I'm not going to tempt fate just now. My mother in law is here for just one more week so I am setting up daily goals so that I can handle my 11 month old when she's gone. Right now I can pick him up in a bear hug sort of way. I can make and give him his bottles too. That's it. Tomorrow I am going to work on feeding him his solids again, Tuesday will be bath night, Wednesday we will dress him and finally on Thursday I must tackle the diaper debacale.
That's it for now. My wrists have had enough of this typing crap.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Glad you're beginning to feel better! Good luck with the sprog!