Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm a Nerd

Over the past week or so I've really upped my knitting game. Various reasons are behind it: Too much yarn, gifting and now better time management. I've also been using all the tools offered on Ravelry to organize and plan all my projects. It's a blessing and a curse. I'm getting lots of help by looking at all the other finished objects of patterns I plan to use. I can see what worked and what sucked, as well as what yarn looks best. I'm really starting to put a dent in my cotton yarn since I've started making dish cloths and I'm starting to dig into the rest of my yarn too. One pattern has got me in a bind though. It calls to knit up the garment with two threads of fingering weight held together. Well, I don't have that much fingering weight but I have plenty of 6 or 8 ply which is double one thread of fingering. So what's the difference? I have no clue. I've posted my question on Ravelry and will soon find out. If there's no big problem then I see my stash of yarn sinking lower... if I have to get the fingering weight I might try another pattern.
The weather is getting better but still remains fairly cloudy most of the day. The dog is spending more time out and the cat is perched next the window all day. What a bunch of babies.
Off to knit some more - little man just went down for a nap!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Did you get any answers? I can't see why you can't use DK instead of two lots of fingering held together (I'm about to do a pattern that needed 2 strands of laceweight held together, so I'm going to use 1 strand of fingering!)