Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Beast v2.0

Yeah, I have a new most hated project. We will call it The Beast v2.0. Really it's a Civil War shawl for my Aunt Janet. I found it in a series of books: Knitting a La Mode, Knit Two a La Mode and Tunisian Crochet a La Mode. The pattern is an original from a French publication in 1863. The modern day book authors have translated the pattern to English and edited the directions for modern knitters. Still, it reads like a novel. Most patterns keep it simple and use knitter code without any fluffy language. These ladies use words and not the code to knit up their items. This leads to lots of assumptions and confusion. So I am moving along like a slug. I don't know when or if this will get done by Christmas. I've decided this is my project to work on when I am sick of working on anything else. I am also taking this exclusively to my knitting group on Mondays to get help and support. The damn pattern starts off with you casting on 292 stitches. Ugh. Dumb move Serinekat.
Other than the shawl I have my father's Christmas gloves on the needles and an ice mitt on the needles. The ice mitt is a quick knit which I altered a bit from the original pattern. If all goes to plan I should finish three projects this week and have three on the needles at all times.
You can say it - I know I'm crazy.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Dear God, woman, are you a glutton for punishment? How can you possibly FINISH THREE PROJECTS this week! I mean, I am lucky to finish three knitting projects in a year. I am in awe, really!