Thursday, January 14, 2010

Knitting and Such

Life gets back to normal around SerineKat's homestead but there are some new developments. The Husband leaves soon for work. We will miss him while he is away. I am exercising and taking better care of myself... even wearing makeup everyday! Finally, Olivia the cat says that you all 'suck'. So much has changed and Olivia never changes.
IMG_3626
Above is a new scarf I'm working on. I started it back in 2008 but then got my carpal tunnel really bad and had to stop. I wanted to finish this before Christmas this year but it just didn't happen. Since Christmas I've knitted a good three to four feet on this baby. It's a way easy knit. I've memorized the pattern. Just time consuming because it's lace weight yarn.
IMG_3634
This photo is of the infamous Beep! Beep! Blanket. I wanted to get it done this month but that's just not going to happen. I think this is a two month project. This is my first truely intricate multicolored project. I find myself having to go back to books often to get the technique right. Very time consuming but looking good.
I need to get another easier project on the needles before I go crazy. I need something quick and simple. I'm looking at maybe trying another Mitered Towel or dishcloth.

No comments: