Sunday, April 19, 2009

Disease and Knitting

If you read my other blog, Motherz 'n Da Hood then you know that we are under an assault from Fifth Disease. It's not as scary as it sounds, think cold with a rash. Hunter broke out in the rash last week and was diagnosed on Friday. Other than the rash he's been a little cranky.

I have been getting back to my knitting, finally. The carpal tunnel is all gone and the pain from the surgery is minimal if at all. I started work on the Big Bad Baby Blanket in March and got it all done a couple weeks back. I used an especially yummy yarn from Alpaca with a Twist. It was heavenly. Since then I've been working on just small projects to burn up some of my insane yarn stash and build some knitting confidence. All the details are on Ravelry and photos are also up on Flickr.

I think I have finally come over to the Addi side. I've knit with dozens of different types of knitting needles and I have to say - Addi metal turbos are my favorite. I've been working with Peaches & Creme cotton on some wood Art Viva needles and my fingers just blister! I know part of it is from the yarn - Peaches & Creme is cheap and comes in great colors but is hell on the hands... but because I knit tighter than most the yarn gets stuck and caught on wood needles. As for circular verses straight needles I like both for different reasons.

With this new revelation I now have a list of mother's day wants:
Addi Turbo Circular Needles
US 0, 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 - 24"
Yeah, that's going to be an expensive order but really, I'd use them like crazy.

Other than the knitting not much is happening around our house. We're enjoying nicer weather and just being together. We're looking forward to a nice summer and news on where we are going next.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I luuurrrvvee Addis!

Lois E. Lane said...

I'm so glad you've been able to get back into knitting!