Monday, April 27, 2009

Cestari Yarn

Ok, so you know I went to that Wool Festival over the weekend. Yeah, it sucked. I should have known something was up when I found little if any information locally about the event and my favorite local yarn shops were not participating.
So we get there and there's no petting zoo! There's like 5 vendors and there's a sheep go round with two sheep tied up who would rather be elsewhere - and did I mention that it's 88 degrees and muggy as hell?!
We headed for the shop on site to see what yarn deals they had - ugh, it was bad. The shop was too dark to really see the colors. The worsted weight wool felt like my husband's cheeks are a few days of not shaving. The merino wool was better but was dirty and smelly. Prices were decent but no big sales unless I bought like 20 skeins.
I did buy some cotton and some discounted remnents but overall --- I'd say skip this yarn and this festival.

Late FYI - After doing a search on Ravelry I discovered that I'm not the only one with stinky yarn from Cestari. They put on some de-mothing guck that makes it smell like moth balls. It was advised on Ravelry to put all the stinky skeins of yarn outside for a day or two to air out. I will check mine today and see if still stinks.

No comments: