Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chuggin'

I'm still just 'chugging' along here in Boise. My knitting hit an all time high over the past few weeks. I've taken about 20 hours off, finally. I know, I'm such a rebel. Starting up again tonight making a quick project and then onto the infamous Fish Hats. Here are a few items that I've knit up:

Felted Yoda Hat: Still felting it but it's all knitted up. It's for Hunter for Halloween. We've found instructions on sewing up a Jedi Robe online. This should prove too cute to handle. Pattern can be found on Ravelry, if you are a member (come on, it's FREE people!).

The Crazy Drops Hat: I've knit this up for two people. One is for a teen and the other is for a small kid. The photo if from the kid one. Unfortunately I didn't have my cat to model it. Bummer.

Market Bag: Another great gift knit. Only took my 2.5 days. Really nice. I am in love the cotton I used. It's recycled cotton from remnents. I love the idea of recycled fibers! The color and yarn worked great for this project. Mercanized cotton would also be great or hemp.

Pantas: Yeah, sounds weird but they are cool. They're just knitted headbands. Really neat design. They can be knitted in different widths. I've been knitted a few and tried several different widths to find the right one for me and my friends. I've done four of these this month. Takes a day to do.

So those are the finished projects... Here's what's on the agenda:

Fish Hats:


Qiviut Neck Muff:


I've got a million more where those came from. Let's just day those two projects at two a piece will keep me busy until mid-October. Wish me luck.

Oh, and on a totally different note I am now on a diet. I'm doing SlimFast. I was told my my diabetes nutrionist that it's the same as MediFast only cheaper. So far it's a struggle. I'm not phsycially hungry but emotionally. They have me down to 1500 calories a day. I'm two days in and it's tough. I've found sucking on a hard candy now and then helps satisfy my sweet tooth. More on the diet once I'm fully engaged for awhile. For now I will keep myself busy with knitting.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

The yoda hat is hilarious!