Monday, September 14, 2009

Under the Gun

What is it about procrastination that makes us really efficent in the end? You'd think most people would just give up and plan to start early again next time... no, not me. I was going to start my Christmas knitting over the summer but as life would have it I never did. Now I am 'under the gun' to get everything done. I have project charts on my computer about how to accomplish this on time. I knit a minimum of 4 hours a day but an average of 6. My butt hurts like hell from sitting all day indian style and knitting. So now I am experimenting with different sitting and knitting positions and chairs.
I think my sudden productivity has to do with living with my parents. I have nothing better to really do around here. Also after my summer incident I need some feel good accomplishments and knitting does that for me. Still, each week I am surprised to see my progress and that I'm still sticking to it. In three weeks I had one day of NO KNITTING. That's crazy! I've never worked this hard for this long. As of this posting I have about 10 projects done, 3 on the needles, and 25 left to do.
In addition to living with my parents as a help... I have to thank Ravelry too. That site keeps me on track and gives me great ideas for all my projects. I'm so into that I run the computer to update each projects several times a day. I'm such a nerd. Sorry.
I've had a few friends ask about my progress with the infamous appeal. It's just sitting right now. I'm obviously avoiding the emotional baggage attached to it. Today while my mother is away I will attack it full on for a few hours. I'm still probably a month or two away from actually talking to a lawyer. Anyhow, I need to get back to knitting... only another hour then it's on to the appeal crap.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I can't imagine what I did before Ravelry came on the scene...

SerineKat said...

I KNOW! It's so addicting. I spend two hours a day trolling that monster. I really need to get a job!