Tuesday, November 3, 2009

You're My Obsession

I'm knitting some gloves on size 0 needles right now. I know, I think I was drunk when I picked out this pattern. Anyhow, I decided to spoil myself and bought some Blue Sky Alpaca knitting needles. They were quite an investment ($28, 17 GBP, 160 NOK). Still they did fairly well at first but the yarn I was using and my tension made the going quite slow. To add to the frustration I am using a very dark yarn and very dark needles. Dumb.
Meanwhile on another project I was using some new square circulars by Kollage. The cable on the circulars was nothing special and infact caught the yarn on the joint with the needles. Frustrating. Otherwise I loved the needles, they had nice sharp points and the grip was really nice.
So yesterday I finally put the two together and got some size 0 double pointed square needles. Ahhhhhhhhh... that's better. It's like cutting into warm butter. I wish the circulars were better made but I know for future investment purposes I will get the Kollage square needles. They were cheaper than the uber expensive ones (only $14, 8.50 GBP, 80 NOK).
That's it for now...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have been trying to figure out how people knitted such small loops in their mittens. i need to figure out where to get such small needles. i'm totally on a mission now.