Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Krumkake is a Norwegian thing... it's flour, butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla all thrown together and then ironed to crisp perfection and rolled into ice cream cone shapes. It can filled with cream, ice cream, fruits or nothing. It's yummy. I make Krumkake every Christmas now. It's become tradition ever since my mother bought me my first krumkake iron a couple years back. Well, The Husband I decided to make the Krumkake and other goodies for a neighborhood Christmas gathering tonight. Only we made the Krumkake early so we wouldn't have to rush today. Dumb. The massive shift of humidity onto San Antonio the last 48 hours coupled with a dryer line that isn't quite clamped down has turned crispy pastries into moldable weridness. They still taste great but I can't in good conscious serve this to my new Texas neighbors. Oh well, guess there's more Krumkake for me...

2 comments:

Rannveig said...

Oh, you make krumkake, nice!! :) :) Wish you all a merry christmas! Hugs from Norway

SerineKat said...

Thanks Rannveig! Merry Christmas from the HOT southwest of America - it was 75 degrees yesterday, that's 24 degrees celsius! Ugh!