Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Progress


Today I can report that I feel that progress has finally been made in our house. I have cleared enough boxes and developed enough living space free of moving debris that I feel we are finally getting somewhere! I know that my view of progress is skewed. I spent many good years a money in therapy learning and acknowledging this... still it remains... at least I am aware.
The living room is looking good, only 6 boxes remain on the first floor... most have enormous rugs that need to be hung and laid on the dinning room floor -- which needs to be steam cleaned... that's today's chore. Upstairs I was able to empty and put away 10 boxes in the master closet in just one hour this morning. Now I just want to sit for awhile while my little man takes a morning nap.
Now for a cultural lesson: I got my local channels on my Directv today. Over half are spanish speaking channels. Wow. Maybe now is the time to really learn spanish. I took three years in high school and never really got great at speaking the language. I can say a few things and I am learning more through hours of 'Handy Manny' on the Disney channels. Living in a place like San Antonio it's very obvious that white english speaking natives are rare. In order to have a thorough and diverse experience here I think it is time to bite the bullet and actually learn a language inside and out. So, do I watch 'Judge Mathis' today or "Necesito una Amiga'? Choices.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Have you taken lots of progress pictures? It's really encouraging to be able to look back and see how far you've come already...

SerineKat said...

No... I've been a loser at pictures this time. The charger for our camera battery is in another shipment that is due on Christmas Eve. Bleh