Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HOLDING OUR BREATH

Today is 'C' day. That's Closing Day. At sundown we should be the proud owners of a new home. Of course anything can happen between now and then. It's rare here in the US for problems to pop up in the house buying process. Initially you get an inspector to check out the basics of the home and tell you what is good, bad and ugly. Then who ever decides to front you the money to buy the home has an appraiser come in and do the same. We are getting a VA loan which is one of the strictest ones out there. Stains on carpets must be cleaned and or replaced, screens missing from windows must reappear and so forth. Our biggest road bump has been with this appraiser but I think he'll be happy now and give us the money to buy the home. If not, it's back to square one and living in a van down by the river. But let's be positive.
My time in Boise is coming to an end. Very soon I will be down in Texas (house or not). Again I feel strange about my relationship with this community. I really think I've just finally 'grown out of' Boise. It's no longer home. Leaving B-town is ok and although I will miss my friends here I am really happy to be reunited with my husband, dog and cat... and to have us all together again like a home.

No comments: