Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


The sales this year suck. It might have something to do with the products sucking as well. I didn't get up at the crack of dawn but I did get into Harrisonburg at 10am on Friday morning.
Walmart was my first stop, the parking lot was not full but the hitching posts for the Mennonite horse and buggies were all taken. Inside the deals were many but all one items I'd rather pass on or things I already had. I did find deals still available on Thanksgiving food staples like stuffing and baking supplies.
I then had to take a time out, due to disappointment and get some lunch. I hit the local hotspot - Taste of India. Yummy. After several servings of masala, paneer and other strange things I was ready to take on Black Friday shopping.
So I drove up the road to Target. Boring. It was packed but again, boring. No big sales on Christmas decorations, no sales on kid toys that I was interested in. Blah.
Kmart was next and again, it was disappointing. I will say that they did have a decent mark down on the Martha Stewart Christmas stuff that i took advantage of.
Finally I thought that Kohl's would be a sure bet. The mark downs were great but the line to check out was an hour long. I think not.
My decision for shopping this year is to take to the internet. After all that driving I think I only spent $200 not counting groceries. It just wasn't worth the hassle. I compared prices at Amazon to those at all the stores I shopped at today and there was little to no savings. So, tomorrow it's off to my office and to Amazon to get these gifts bought and done.
I'm pooped now. I must get some sleep!

No comments: