Saturday, November 29, 2008

Side Bar १.०: Big Kitties

So my mother goes out and buys me a Cat Fancy magazine the other day. This month's issue is all about the Norwegian Forest cat. My mother's gay cat Ozzie looks just like one of these things.
Anyhow, that's not the kicker here. While looking through the magazine I come across this picture:

My first thought is, "What the HELL!?"
They are real cats called Savannahs. I show The Husband and he is hooked. "Oh we have GOT to get one of those things!" I tell him I'm sure the cost is over a $1000 but he keeps pressuring me so we look up the link online...
http://www.a1savannahs.com/
To get the highest quality cat for breeding purposes the cost is a mere $22,000 USD, 14,000 GBP and 154,300 NKr. I know, crazy. Still, the pictures are pretty amazing.

No comments: