Saturday, November 29, 2008

Surviving Motherhood

How the heck did our mothers do it? For than matter how did our grandmothers and great grandmothers do it? Raising kids is insane. It's like being caught in a warzone of cuddly creatures. They are so cute and loveable but never let you sleep, eat, pee or shower. If it weren't for my Diet Pepsi addiction I would be dead. I need the caffine to keep me awake.
Today dear Hunter was sitting in our living room, which is all corralled for his safety. He likes to crawl around and get into toys. I was in the kitchen, out of sight trying to wash his 12 bottles that somehow got forgotten yesterday. It was pretty quiet then I hear a little smack. I assumed it was Hunter hitting one of his toys on the wood floor, a new past time. I go in to investigate and our floor lamp is laying on the floor next to Hunter and he is pulling the on/off cord and smiling. Nice.
Then after a couple of hours I'm sitting in the corral with him watching TV and eating brunch. I have a full can of Diet Pepsi or as we call here 'Crack' on the table next to my chair. CRASH! Hunter pulls on the table cloth and soda is everywhere!
I'm exhausted.
I've noticed today that he's also trying to stand up by climbing furniture and legs. He's almost figured it out too... I predict walking by Friday. God help me.

No comments: