Monday, November 10, 2008

Progress Halted?

For those who know the details of my daily life then you will understand what this post is in reference to. After months of work a project I was a part of was permanently stopped today. To say the least it was a totally bummer.
Now, after a little chit chat and a couple hours of digestion I feel totally deflated. It's tough when you put a lot of your time, talents and heart into something only to see another just say 'no'. I understand the justification behind the no, still the way in which it was done was tough on the soul. I'm not alone in this. I served next to others who also worked to bring this project to light. They too are upset this evening and in a state of shock and disappointment. For those folks I hear ya, let's remain positive and back the new direction of this endeavour. It may take a week or two to get back on our feet and reconnect with the new team but I still believe this project is needed in this place and at this time.
I'm going to go hit my head against a wall...

No comments: