Monday, August 24, 2009

All That You Can't Leave Behind

I am home. I am back to my birthplace, my childhood haunts and the place which has been the backdrop for most of my life. With each trip back I find the ties a little looser. Don't get me wrong, I love Boise but as the years away from Boise start to add up I find that maybe Boise ISN'T all that I need and where I belong. It's a subtle feeling that I never really entertained too much until now. Although I will always love it here I don't know if it is where we will retire or where I will make a home again. Strange. I guess this is just one of those 'crap, I'm getting old' moments.
I'm still settling into this latest long term stay with my family here in Idaho. I've tried to make things as cozy as possible by packing two large suitcases full of yarn and knitting projects. Yeah - it's my Christmas knitting. Hopefully I can get most of it used up and done with. Today I started on one project which finds itself now a quarter done. I hope this kind of progress just keeps rolling.
I have no clue how long I will be in Idaho this time around. I'm hesitant to sign up for new knitting classes or even try to find a sitter for Hunter. Still, I know I need to. So, shall I go for Crochet for Beginners and/or Magic Loop Sock Knitting?

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Love that photo, Sara. Glad to hear you are in Boise, even if it isn't all that you thought it was when you were younger. I look forward to hearing about the Mommy and Me exercise classes, knitting classes, or whatever you end up doing for yourself there.

Lois E. Lane said...

Can't wait to see you both :)

Daisy said...

Well I loved crochet for beginners and I like doing magic loop so I'd recommend either!

Lois E. Lane said...

By the way, "Walk On," the song from which your blog title is derived, may be one of the most profound pieces of music I've ever heard. The lyrics actually helped change my life at one point.