Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day २५: The Highs and Lows

This week is going along fairly well. No big sickness to endure. I've taken my mission to find some sort of military program that I can sign up for down a notch. I'm putting more time and effort into helping our FRG (that's Family Readiness Group) plan an upcoming 'Summer Bash' party in a couple weeks.
My biggest issue this week is my diabetes. What the hell is going on?! I've been fine during the days and then every night at like 9pm my sugars tank and I eat - a lot and then shoot up a little and then tank again. This cycle continues for a few hours. So, I'm not sleeping much. I know what I need to do... take my blood sugars regularly and after a week possibly adjust my basal rates. Still, this is a long term solution and my ADD self finds it boring. Maybe I need more ADD meds? Hmmmmmm.
I found this little photo on the web today:

Sometimes I feel like my type I burdens those around me. I don't often ask for help when I need it. I feel judged when I can't seem to get my bloodsugars in check. Just the other day my father was perplexed as to why I needed to put my son into daycare part-time. When I tried to explain that one reason was to give me time to relax and refocus on my diabetes --- I could hear the annoyance in his breathing. I know he doesn't know what he doesn't know... still it's always tough to have a chronic disease that everyone thinks they know how to manage... but really have NO CLUE.

No comments: