Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day २१: Mr. Fix It

We're still alive over here. Just chugging along. Never a dull moment.
This week we got back to daycare. It was pure bliss. Hunter loves his sitter, Darla. She has two girls who also seem to enjoy Hunter. Getting him out of the house three full days a week is so helpful. It refreshes me, gives him something new to explore, and of course keeps the economy going -- yea, the checkbook is smokin'. Still, it's worth every penny.
I am still sick. I think I have the plague. This head cold just will NOT go away. Hunter has made a full recovery. I still have days of pure hell. I spent two of my three days off in bed. My mother wants me to go get some antibiotics on Monday. Probably worth it... I hate going to the doctor but two weeks is enough. If this isn't better by Monday then yeah, bring on the drugs.
The day care situation here on base isn't improving much. We had a child care town hall -- only the usual suspects showed. Really, the only reason the military does child care is to help dual military families and families in which both parents work full time. So we're screwed out here. I'm sure many mothers out here would love to work full time outside the home but we are 45 minutes from the nearest town and jobs... also that's a 45 minutes drive over a really high mountain and windy road. Just isn't worth it. There's just no relief for the moms here... we have no coffee shop, no community center (yeah, we have a 'community center' but it has a bar in it and pool tables... it's more of 'club' than anything else). Anyhow, it's a conundrum.
Today Hunter and I are watching home improvement shows...

No comments: