Monday, August 17, 2009

Crazy - Like a Fox!

The Husband's extended business trip has been canceled. It's a long complicated tale that really involves me, the Pendleton County police, the West Virginia mental health system, the Navy and my neighbors. Piece it together and I'm sure you'll figure the story out. Ugh. Embarrassing.
Anyhow The Husband is here to stay but I am set to leave. I've been banned from West Virginia - not that I mind that. I'll be moving home to Idaho soon. I'll be staying with my parents until The Husband gets a new job assignment at a more appropriate place... Timbuktu would be more welcoming than here... hell Kabul would be more welcoming. Infact, I've been missing England of late... not that England was bad but we were very isolated there too. Luckily I did find that fabulous knitting group in Lincoln which when I look back - I believe saved my sanity.
I have dropped everything which I had been previously involved with here on base. I did it because I'm leaving, I did it because I'm embarrassed, I did it because they were indeed unorganized and catty at times and my fragile mind was about to implode several times at the last meeting. I have no ill will towards those still involved around here. I think the system is challenging and I think the atmosphere is thick with resignation and laziness. I am not one to lay down quietly - as those who work for the West Virginia state mental health system know well - I am a fighter and cannot allow something to be broke in my presence. I know I need to chill. I know I need to find outside interests. I am now going to a place where that will be possible.
I will keep posting during the moving process. Wish me luck and pray that the people on base quit giving me the stink eye. Booger heads.

No comments: