Friday, December 26, 2008

Packages? Anyone?


It seems the US Postal Service is having a tough season. I sent out my packages to family and friends on the West Coast from the East Coast on December 15th. All were shipping Priority, which meant all would arrive in time for Christmas. Whatever. A couple did but the big ones to my parents did not arrive until today (the 26th) and my husband's family is still waiting for theirs.
I understand that 90% of the country is covered in snow. That will definately slow down some packages but priority packages usually arrive within 3 days... it's been like 2 weeks! Come on! I'm shocked that the news hasn't picked up on this story. I've seen stories about FedEx having some issues but not much on the USPS. My aunt sent me a package from the west coast around the same time... I still haven't seen that either!
A news organization in Arizona has this little article about the troubles.
Enough of my whining. I'm cool. I'll chill.
I was surfing through my daily news sites and came across this little story out of the pacific northwest -

BOZEMAN - A researcher at Montana State University says Jell-O, ultrasound, microwaves and electroshocking are among the possible solutions to eliminate lake trout in Yellowstone National Park.
Lake trout were introduced illegally into the park and threaten native cutthroat trout in Yellowstone Lake. To find the best way to destroy lake trout eggs, Al Zale received a grant from the National Park Service. Zale heads the Montana Cooperative Fishery Research Unit at MSU.
He and his collaborators will analyze several potential solutions and recommend the best.
If Jell-O is chosen, Zale says it would probably be unflavored. He says workers could spread it over the fish eggs to smother them.
Zale adds that it would seem efficient to get rid of the eggs during spawning season, which occurs primarily during late fall.


So if you know anything about Idaho and Utah and Mormons and Jello then you know the punch line to this story!
That's it for now... The husband has cooked me dinner. I must eat!

No comments: