Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Hot New Years!


While the rest of the US is under like three feet of snow, we are in a heat wave here in the mountains of West Virginia. Today I had all the windows and doors open. It's nuts! I took the baby and dog for a walk on base and we played fetch at the baseball field and I let Hunter swing on the toddler play ground. Then we came home and I opened mail on the front porch and flipped through a magazine. Meanwhile family in Idaho and Washington continue to live under an assault of snow. They keep reporting numbers like 16 inches in a day, 4 inches in an hour, cars completely covered... not here, no here we are sitting on our front porch, watching kids run around on the playground and sunbathing.

FYI - If you are still waiting for your Christmas cards guess what... I'M STILL WORKING ON THEM! I know, I'm so slow! I blame my poor wrists, they are acting up and are very painful these days. I will get the cards out, eventually. Please be patient with me!

No comments: