Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 2

We're off to a craptastic start today. Found out my babysitting for the week is no longer. I have found some replacement sitters but already one is proving to be less than reliable. It's 8:30am... she was supposed to report to duty at 8:00am. She's 13 so I'm really not surprised by this, just disappointed and annoyed.
I stayed up late last night and worked on paperwork. Crap like that never is totally done. Right when I think I've cleared my desk I come back the next day to find even more work to do.
I'm still working slowly on all my big projects. I was going to go to the gym today but I think that might have to wait another two weeks until I have reliable child care. For now I am starting to eat a healthy breakfast each morning and will take the kid out for a long walk in an hour.
I'd honestly love to go back to bed and just lounge this morning... that was the plan but I don't think I'll hound the babysitter to get up. I will just buck up and try to get on with the day.
Oh, and another disappointing deal... last night I went to the base chapel to enjoy Ladies Game Night only to find that NO ONE was there... this is the second time this has happened in as many weeks. Why post events on base when there will be no one there? It's very deflating to gear up to go do something only to find that it's no longer happening and no one decided to share that information with you. Typical.
I really am trying to stay focused and get involved but the system on this base is really trying to bring me down. Damn the system! Anarchy! I hope security isn't reading this.

No comments: