Friday, July 24, 2009

Day १३: Honeymoon Phase is Over

The summer head cold trauma of 2009 is slowly coming to a close. I now have guck draining in the back of my throat which leads to the most ever so sexy sounds of deep nasal/throat sniffling and coughing. Thank God The Husband is away... this amount of sexiness might kill him. Hunter is also getting better. He's still grumpy today and clingy. He's working on a repeat of yesterday's 7 hour nap... just 10 more minutes and he might exceed that.
My energy is back to normal levels today and this afternoon I finally got out of bed and started working on my daily chores which have been neglected. I think I'll get it all back together this weekend. I also got confirmation today that my sitter is still going to take my son three full days a week starting Monday. I need to bake her a cake or something! Thank God.
I am thinking I'm going to sign up for one of those prepackaged meal weight loss plans. I've often thought that they were stupid because once you lose the weight then you start making your own food and just get fat again. That's probably the case for many people. Right now though, I really only have to cook for myself. Hunter eats what I eat or I totally fix him up something else. I am finding that I don't want to cook jack. Really, even Mac n' Cheese looks like too much work. I don't see this changing much in the future so why not have prepackaged meals that take 10 minutes to reheat?! At least they will be better balanced nutritionally than anything I am currently eating and I don't have to put too much guess work into it. I'm going to research the programs out there this weekend and hopefully get it going by mid-week. I've noticed my skin getting really pale and other signs of malnutrion.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Oh no, just catching up with some blog reading! Sounds like there are some signs of improvement where you are. Hang in there. Like the sound of the meals - I do something vaguely similar from a company called "Cook" here - i use them to fill in gaps if I'm ill or haven't got time to cook properly!