Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day Three

Yesterday was a wash. The babysitter never showed nor called. My depression was at a high. I must say thank you to all my friends and family who talked to me on the phone, skype and on facebook. That all really helped. Today I awoke in a much better mood. Hunter and I drove into town and went shopping at Wal-Mart. We got a great deal of stuff and treated ourselves to McD's on our way home. Hunter fell asleep with a McNugget in his mouth. It felt out at one point and then just minutes from home he awoke and looked down and grabbed it and continued to eat like nothing happened. Boys.
LoveI just read that a distant relative of mine has passed on. He was older and suffering from cancer. My family is very sad to hear of his passing even though we had only met him once. He made quite an impression. Helge was by all accounts a great husband and father and grandfather. Him and his family made our trip to Norway and to the family's farm a joy and pleasure. His legacy is beautiful - a wonderful brood of kids and grandkids and a close relationship with extended family around the world. When my son is older and asks what makes and man a man I will point to men like Helge and his family. They are devoted to family and friends and always leave the world a little better. Thanks for the wonderful time in Norway Helge... God bless you and your family. You will be missed more than you know!

No comments: