Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day १२: Leave it to Family


So... yeah... I'm not leaving... at least not now. This isn't fully my choice. See the title for further clues as to why I'm still here. Yeah. Ugh.
As for the little man and I we are sick. So sick. There's a heck of a head cold going around and we both have been suffering with it all week long. Hunter had a bad runny nose all week and today the soar throat has hit him hard. I've had to medicate him and due to that he's slept most of the day. Poor man. Right now he's eating well and seems to have his energy back. Still, it will likely be an early night for him.
My head cold has been consistant crappy all week. I ran out of meds yesterday but I think I'm on the downside of this virus. I've taken the opportunity to sleep today as well and it's really helping. I'm hoping tomorrow we can both be on the mend.
Someone on my current base stopped by today and gave me a little pep talk and emotional support. It was needed and his timing couldn't be more perfect. I know I complain a lot about this place. There is A LOT wrong with how things are run and how people interact here but it's not necessarily the people. I think we are all wrung out and exhausted with the system. Many have given up. I don't blame them. Since my blow out a few days ago and new philosophy of 'screw them' I've felt better than I have in a LONG time. Although it was helpful in the short run I can't keep that attitude. I'm stuck, I have to make lemonade here. So, within the next week I will re-enter base life and put my gloves back on.
Twelve days... who knew it would be so hard? My sadness over the absence of my husband is less now. I still miss someone to talk to and bug in the middle of the night. I also miss torturing him over not allowing the dog into bed at night... she gets in all the time now but even she finds this new freedom disturbing. The cat has suffered the most with his absence. Her most favorite bitch is gone and she has taken to shadowing me most evening and hitting me at random out of frustration. I can take beatings... poor evil cat.
So I guess it's status quo here. Crazy as hell. Pray for us.

No comments: