Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day ८: Cat Love is in the Air

Today is Olivia's day to express her sadness over the absence of her daddy. She's been crazy and lovey all day. It's getting a little creepy.
Anyhow, today went well. The little man and I went into H'burg to do some shopping at the Wal-Mart and Target. Once home we both napped for a couple hours then played until dinner and played some more until bath and bed time. I think the key for us to have a good day is to follow some strict rules in the morning. We must get up at the same time, both eat breakfast and then I have to be ruthless about getting my blood sugar accounted for and my medications on board for the day. Without these steps being accomplished by 9am things tend to go downhill fast for me.
Lucky for me my neighbor has volunteered to watch Hunter for three hours on Monday and Friday this week... ahhhhhh... one less thing to worry about. After this week my daycare should be back on board and coping should get a little easier.
I've been alone for a week now and although I've gone longer with the baby while The Husband was away this is different. The light at the end of the tunnel is VERY far away. One week, one month... those are one thing... more than that gets daunting. It's insane to think about it in one whole chunk. Maybe weekly bites are easier. A neighbor and I were talking the other day and she reported that the last couple to live in my home also endured a long separation. She said that the wife immediately redid the bedroom and put away most of her husband's stuff. Strange but I can understand it. Out of sight, out of mind. I have been tempted to do the same but I think it only makes the homecoming harder. I have changed a few things that know The Husband was not keen on but it was for my own comfort and sanity. I still keep his clothes in the same spot and his pile o' junk on his side of the office. I removed his electric razor off the bathroom sink (our bathroom there is limited counter space and that clunker takes up 1/3) and I've put alway all his coats into the closet. That's about all of my husband that I've 'erased' from the house. I think that is all I need... and it's not because I don't want reminders but that I'm just too anal and efficient. I imagine I'll also get around to cleaning his side of the office. It's tradition now. Whenever he leaves me for more than a month... his office gets a makeover. I know it drives him nuts but I really do try my damnedest to stay away.
So tomorrow... well I have several things that are on my list but I feel the need to spoil myself a bit. I think yoga and then working on cleaning up the office are my two projects while Hunter is at the neighbors. I also have to take a package to the post office to mail to The Husband. Ugh... my work is never done.

No comments: