Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day ७: Week One Down

My cat is busy right now sitting on my lap as I type and biting me whenever she deems necessary. The dog is sleeping on my bed and Hunter is away and playing in his crib. I still haven't showered and it's almost 3pm on a Saturday.
My problem is how to proceed with my day. I could get the little man up and go outside and mow the lawn while he plays on the porch... or I could shower and take him to the park. I'm thinking lawn, then shower and then park. This should take most of the night up to his bedtime at 8pm. Yeah, I like that plan.
I am doing ok today. Not motivated to do much but if I took my pills like a good girl I bet I'd perk up. So let's see, the plan is as follows: Pills, lawn, shower then park. I really do suck at getting anything done this past week. I decided early on that I was just going to 'get through' my first week and not try to do anything too ambitious. This coming week will be a different story.
Week Two Goals
* Start food journal, along with BS level journal
* Develop a weekly cleaning schedule
* One full base walk a day
* Finish two important knitting projects
That's a decent start. Now i have to go rescue the baby from crib boredom. The lawn has been in a start of free growth for three weeks now. The neighbors are talking.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Those sound like good goals to me! I, too, have been thinking of goals, since my ob/gyn told me I am no longer on exercise restriction. So . . .

1. walk every day, even if it's just 1/2 a mile

2. get back into my meditation routine in the mornings (does wonders for my mental health) - gotta do this while I can, because after the baby is born, it seems unlikely!

3. finish the baby blanket by September!!!

4. keep cooking and gathering recipes so that meal planning is not so stressful when the baby comes.

I guess that is it. That's enough to keep me busy / focused.

I like how much you are posting on your blog. It's nice to hear how you are doing.
-Jess