Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 1

This is the first day of my single mom life. The Husband has departed for parts we speak not of for a time we do not tell. That's all I have to say about that so don't ask any more questions.
I am exhausted from the build up of the last month and really just in need of a few lazy days. So far today I've done well... at not doing much. I did finally break down and clean the 1st floor. It was icky and I'm OCD. I also finally took a shower at 2pm. The little man is asleep right now and I'm just burning up time until he wakes.
I know I have been neglectful of my blogging for a couple months. That will change drastically now. This blog, my Flickr account and my YouTube account will all be very busy for much of the foreseeable future. We are using all internet tools to communicate and keep The Husband updated on the family.
So, you might wonder if I have any plans. Not really. Just trying to maintain and knit more. Hunter will start again with daycare in a couple weeks. We are using temp sitters until then. I have toyed with the idea of totally redoing the interior of the house... just to mess with The Husband's mind but that might be too cruel.
Here's your first glimpse into my new temporary world... enjoy my more frequent updates and random rants....

DAY ONE

* Woke up to find a single cat poop in the entryway by the utility room. This is a common sign that Olivia, the cat, is unhappy about something. She likes to put the poop in a very public and annoying place. Score one for Olivia today.
* Was in IKEA in Maryland over the weekend and got what I thought were the right replacement bulbs for my office lamp. WRONG. I need something like a G9 120V, 40W halopin bulb. So I looked it up online. Of course IKEA doesn't sell those over the internet and other places do but at $6 a bulb. Ugh. I'll break down and order some tonight or tomorrow. For now I plan to piss and moan a little more.
* Got home yesterday from DC and was loading everything back into the house when I found that Hunter somehow got the documents (see below) I'd been working on off the kitchen counter and into the dog water. Thanks Hunter.
* The Military... Grrrrr. So I've been told from various sources not on my current base that I am entitled to 16 free hours of child care per month while The Husband is away. Great deal! Only no one here has heard of this. It's taken me one month to track it down HERE. So I've printed out all the information and am getting all the right documents in order to get these hours. It's all about the language with these things. This program called Operation: Military Child Care is not a benefit nor is it an entitlement. It's a subsidy that you must apply for. Also the details of the program are vague on the actual program website but the Army likes to give you all kinds of information about it. Thanks Army! The program is for all military with deployed spouses. It kills me that spouses on this base who have had deployed partners didn't know about this program and did without it. It's my new mission to become military educated to help others... it's crazy that we don't get told about these things. Grrrrr.

No comments: